The squat is the most fundamental movement. Its is essential that you take the time to master this skill. Do it properly, do it often.
- Feet shoulder width apart with toes pointed slightly outwards.
- Initiate squat by sticking your butt back.
- Keep your chest up and maintain a tight low back.
- Squat to or slightly below parallel making sure your knees stay over your toes and most of your body weight is in your heels.
- Drive back upwards out of your heels keeping your knees pressed outwards.
- Return to the top of the squat standing at full extension, thrusting pelvis/hips forward.
- Ready for more? Try the Front Squat with weight
When starting out, you can squat to a medicine ball or a box.
Now just for fun, here’s a video of 100 people, doing 100 squats, on the 100th day of a challenge.