Don’t be intimidated by the long list of ingredients – this is very easy and delicious.
1 lb. ground lamb and 1 lb. ground beef
4 garlic cloves, chopped
2 medium onions, chopped
4 celery stalks, chopped
1 large cans (28 oz.) organic stewed tomatoes
4 medium to large fresh, organic tomatoes (or a second 28 oz. can diced tomatoes)
2 large carrots, shredded
2 medium zucchini or summer squash, shredded
1 medium crown broccoli, chopped
1/4 cabbage, chopped
8 oz. fresh spinach, chopped
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/8 cup of red wine (optional)
1 teaspoon curry (optional – if used, skip rosemary)
1 Tablespoon dried rosemary or 2 Tablespoons fresh (don’t add if curry is used)
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1-2 teaspoons sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Using a large stock pot on low-medium heat, add oil then garlic, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped onion and celery – stir until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the meat and stir until browned.
- Add the tomatoes and all spices.
- Add red wine (optional).
- Simmer on low for 45 minutes to 2 hours.
- Can be turned off after 45 minutes, then reheated to finish last steps.
- Add chopped /shredded vegetables, stir to mix.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped spinach, stir to mix, and serve.