- 5 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussel sprouts, trimmed (small sprouts left whole, larger sprouts halved)
- Salt and pepper, to your taste
- 1 cup organic, free range chicken broth
Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Place bacon on sheet and bake at 425 degrees until crispy, flipping halfway through. Remove bacon to drain on paper towels. Add extra-virgin olive oil, shallots, and garlic to the pan, and saute 1 to 2 minutes. Add Brussel sprouts and coat in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook Brussel sprouts 2 to 3 minutes to begin to soften, then add broth. Bring broth to a bubble, cover, and reduce heat to medium low. Cook 10 minutes, until tender. Transfer sprouts to a serving dish with a slotted spoon and mix together with cooked bacon bits. Serve!