Buy and make extra of this – you’ll definitely want leftovers, even if there’s no sauce left.
6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1-2 leeks, sliced/chopped
6 large shallots, chopped
4 tablespoons organic butter, olive oil, or coconut oil
1/4 cup sherry or white wine (optional)
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
Optional: 1 cup heavy cream, or regular coconut milk (not “lite”)
- In large skillet over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons butter and add sliced leeks and chopped shallots; cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Season chicken thighs with sea salt and cracked pepper; add to skillet.
- Cook each side of chicken thigh for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove chicken to separate pan, leaving leeks and shallots in skillet.
- Add sherry (or wine or water) and Dijon mustard to skillet with remaining 2 Tablespoons of butter, stirring to scrape pan; cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add meat juice from pan holding chicken back into the sauce, stir to mix.
- Optional: add 1 cup heavy cream or coconut oil and simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- Serve sauce over chicken.