4 chicken thighs – can be whole or boneless skinless – seasoned liberally with sea salt and cracked pepper
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 stalks of celery, chopped
1 red bell pepper (optional), chopped
2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
10 cups filtered, purified water (or half water, half chicken stock)
1 parsnip, chopped
2 carrots, sliced
2-3 potatoes, quartered
1 cup broccoli, chopped
1 cup zucchini, shredded
2 cups spinach, loosely chopped
Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, to taste
- In large stock pot, sauté onion, celery, red bell pepper, and garlic in olive oil over low to medium heat for two minutes.
- Add seasoned chicken thighs and cook each side 3-4 minutes until slightly browned; remove chicken thighs.
- In a large stock pot, add water, seasoning, celery and root vegetables (carrots, parsnip, potatoes); bring to gentle boil, then reduce to low simmer for 1-2 hours.
- If chicken has bones, pull all meat and skin from bones, chop coarsely
- Add chicken
- Add broccoli, cook on low an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Add shredded zucchini and chopped spinach
- Serve into bowls with Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or tamari (gluten-free) soy sauce).