2 lbs fresh tomatoes (vary if possible use yellow and red, heirloom tomatotes make this the best)
1 clove fresh garlic
1/2 purple onion sliced into thin rings
handful fresh basil leaves
3 tbs avocado, macadamia nut or extra virgin olive oil
2 tbs apple cider vinegar
sea salt to taste
fresh ground black pepper
fresh local herbs ( optional)
- Wash tomatoes. Remove green crowns.
- Cut tomatoes into one inch chunks and place in a bowl.
- Add chopped garlic, sliced onions, and shredded basil leaves.
- In a small jar mix the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. You may also add seasonal herbs, fresh mint is my favorite to the dressing, Shake and mix into tomatoes.
- Add sliced avocado when prepared to serve.