Meal of the Day (MOD):
- Make a dozen of these Flax Date Muffins and hand them out when the kids are asking for snacks, or in place of a midnight snack for yourself!
Workout of the Day (WOD):
- Warm Up: 5 minutes of your own combination of Jumping Jacks, Burpees, Jump Rope, and Running
- Workout: Do what MOVES you! Vitamin F!
- Instructions: Ready! Get Set! GO! – Participate in an activity, perhaps with friends, which requires moderate to intense physical movement for 30 minutes or more, takes you out of your day-to-day, and generates some Vitamin F – FUN! Today it’s your choice! See [link to http://bonfirehealth.com/vitamin-f-fun-stress-coping/ article] for ideas and reasons.
- Challenge: Goat – choose any movement you have uncommon difficulty with and work on it for 5-10 minutes looking for progression in technique or completeness.
- OR Active Recovery (Rest Day): Breathing Walk or Roll and Stretch.
Journaling of the Day (JOD):
- Quote of the Day:
“ It’s a sign of mediocrity when you demonstrate gratitude with moderation.” ~ Robert Benigni
- Journaling Exercise:
Healthy people choose to fill their hearts and minds with gratitude at every opportunity – like a traveler filling a canteen for a long journey. Consider and write down three ways you can encourage your family to express gratitude for the companions in their lives (i.e. begin a family gratitude journal; count gratitudes around the dinner table; articulate about the day’s moment they were most grateful for before going to bed…).