Meal of the Day (MOD):
- Junk food can be very sneaky and trip you up! You might think you’re doing your body a favor by grabbing a salad for lunch, but if you dump a salad dressing filled with sugar and gluten on there, you’d be better off skipping it altogether. Be on the safe side (and the healthy side) and make your own. Try this Simple Vinaigrette.
Workout of the Day (WOD):
- Warm Up: 3 rounds: 5 Burpees, 10 Sit-Ups, 15 Air Squats
- Workout: Bench Dips, Goblet Squats, One Arm Overhead Squats
- Directions: Complete 3 rounds of 20 (goal: consecutive) reps of each movement. Alternate arms every five reps in overhead squats. Select a weight for each movement that provides a mild challenge after five consecutive reps, not one that will allow form to deteriorate after 10 reps. Focus on proper form in each rep rather than speed through the reps/rounds.
- Challenge: 100 Frog Jumps for time
- OR Active Recovery (Rest Day): Breathing Walk or Roll and Stretch.
Journaling of the Day (JOD):
- Quote of the Day:
“Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain, but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving. ” ~ Dale Carnegie
- Journaling Exercise:
Name three people you most respect. What is it about their character that you admire most?