Meal of the Day (MOD):
- We try to highlight recipes that are super quick and easy. On the weekends if you have a little more time for planning, try a dish like these Blood Mary Steak Tips. Remember to plan for the meat to marinate for 2 hours.
Workout of the Day (WOD):
- Warm Up: 3 rounds – 10 Jump Squats, 15 Overhead Squats with PVC
- Workout: Thrusters with Dumbbells
- Instructions: In 20 minutes, and taking as many warm up sets as needed at lighter weight, work up to 5-rep maximum thrusters with dumbbells. Increase dumbbell weight between sets until the last set is a maximum effort to complete five reps.
- Challenge: Static Leg Hold – 3 attempts at a maximum duration hold
- OR Active Recovery (Rest Day): Breathing Walk or Roll and Stretch.
Journaling of the Day (JOD):
- Quote of the Day:
“At times our own light goes out, and is rekindled by the spark of another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” ~ Albert Schweitzer
- Journaling Exercise:
It is infinitely valuable to role model gratitude, recognition, and appreciation in our relationships. List five of the most important people in your life, outside of your family members. Why are they so valuable? Take one minute for each of the five and write down what you appreciate about them.