Meal of the Day (MOD):
- When you’re eating out at restaurants, it can be hard to make healthy choices, or to even know what you’re actually eating! Bring flavorful, exotic ingredients home and prepare healthy versions yourself. Start with this Thai Turkey Soup and use up the last of that leftover Turkey from Thanksgiving!
Workout of the Day (WOD):
- Warm Up: Jump rope for 3 minutes
- Workout: One Arm Overhead Squat with Dumbbell, Seated Press
- Instructions: Select light to moderate weights for each movement. Complete 5 rounds of 5 One Arm Overhead Squats with Dumbbell per side and 10 seated presses. Do not race against the clock here – be deliberate about maintaining correct form throughout, especially when weight is overhead.
- Challenge: 8 Tabata intervals of Knees to Elbows
- OR Active Recovery (Rest Day): Breathing Walk or Roll and Stretch.
Journaling of the Day (JOD):
- Quote of the Day:
“One act of thanksgiving, when things go wrong with us, is worth a thousand thanks when things are agreeable to our inclinations.” ~ Saint John of Avila
- Journaling Exercise:
Each of us has the ability to choose our response to a given situation. But just like a muscle takes time to strengthen, practice is required to develop the mindset and coordination to respond well. Consider one of the toughest seasons of your life. Write down one thing you are now thankful for in hindsight, as a result of that difficult time.