Meal of the Day (MOD):
- A fun project for the kids is to pick blueberries and peaches at local farms during the summer and freeze them. You can dig into them as a frozen treat all year, or make special desserts like these Peach Popsicles.
Workout of the Day (WOD):
- Warm Up: 20 Mountain Climbers, 20 Slide Unders, 1 minute Jump Rope
- Workout: Lunges with Dumbbells, Jumping Pull-Ups, Double Unders
- Directions: Complete 5 rounds of 20 consecutive reps of each movement with one minute rest between rounds. Select light to moderate weight dumbbells for lunges.
- Challenge: 100 Wall Balls for time.
- OR Active Recovery (Rest Day): Breathing Walk or Roll and Stretch.
Journaling of the Day (JOD):
- Quote of the Day:
“When we are faced with a crisis or struggle we often despair. But it’s in this struggle that the best opportunities often emerge…” – Tony Schwartz
- Journaling Exercise:
A challenge is an opportunity to change – to learn, reflect, and become better. Think of 3 anxieties plaguing your thought process lately. Write out the strongest thought pattern you’ve had around each of them. Then take a minute to write the opposite of each of these thoughts (i.e. Starting a new job: I will not be adequate for the position. Opposite: I am adequate and have the capacity to learn how to completely rock this new position).