Meal of the Day (MOD):
- Did you get any apple picking in this season? If not, swing by your local farmer’s market and grab some crisp apples for this great Apple Pear Pecan Salad.
Workout of the Day (WOD):
- Warm Up: 200 m Jog followed by 2 rounds – 10 m Bear Crawl, 20 Jumping Jacks
- Workout: Front Squat, Dead Hang Pullup
- Instructions: 3 sets of 3 reps per movement: complete all sets of one movement before progressing to the next. Select heavy weights for each movement (add weight to pull-ups only if all reps can be completed without challenge). Increase weight between sets as necessary.
- Challenge: Hand Stand Pushups – as many as you can get in 5 minutes.
- OR Active Recovery (Rest Day): Breathing Walk or Roll and Stretch.
Journaling of the Day (JOD):
- Quote of the Day:
“When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” - Willie Nelson
- Journaling Exercise:
In all situations we can choose to allow stress to build in our hearts and minds, or let gratitude fill our growing minds and spirit. Reflect on a time you observed someone turn a stressful situation into a civil, reasonable one. Consider a time when you have done the same.