Mashed cauliflower is a reallllyyy yummy, lower glycemic alternative to mashed potatoes. I’ve made it before for parties, and people tell me they actually like this better! - Maryjane
1 head organic cauliflower
2-3 cloves garlic
2-3 tablespoons organic grass-fed butter, or olive oil
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp. nutmeg or sage (optional)
- Wash the head of cauliflower. Cut off the stalk, and cut up the rest of the head into smallish pieces.
- Place a steamer basket in the bottom of a big pot with about an inch of water- it shouldn’t go over the top of the steam basket.
- Place the cauliflower and the garlic in the pot, cover it, and steam until cooked – should slide off fork when you poke it.
- Drain it in a strainer and then place steamed cauliflower in food processor along with grass fed butter or olive oil, salt and pepper, and nutmeg. Then just blend it all up!
- If it seems like it’s too thick, you can add a little bit of almond milk to thin it.