Yes, kale needs a massage once in a while too. Even better that it’s done with avocado, that is the dressing.
This is such a delicious salad – every one loves it when served at a dinner party. It also makes for a fun conversation in the kitchen while it’s being made.
1 bunch of organic kale, washed, leaves torn from stems
1/2 – 3/4 avocado
1 organic tomato, cut up
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted (8 minutes in a toaster oven at 350)
Sea salt (and fresh cracked black pepper), to taste
- Toast your walnuts (be careful, don’t burn them)
- Place torn up kale leaves into large serving/mixing bowl
- Scoop avocado out of skin into bowl with kale
- Gently but thoroughly massage avocado into the kale
- Season with sea salt and optional pepper
- Add tomatoes and toasted walnuts
- Toss to mix – don’t over mix