This is a great weekend recipe that will keep giving for much of the week ahead.
1/2 lb. nitrate-free bacon (buy “uncured” bacon) or organic sausage
1/2 cup veggies of choice (mushrooms, white onion, red pepper, spinach, scallions)
3/4 cup almond, rice,hemp or soy milk
Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Optional: Add shredded raw cheddar cheese or grated imported Parmesan
- Cook ½ lb. nitrate-free bacon
- Saute ½ cup veggies of choice, seasoning to taste
- Whisk 5 eggs and ¾ cup milk, and pour into muffin tins. (Use foil cups if desired.)
- Add meat and veggie blend to each cup of egg mixture
- Top with optional cheese
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- These can be stored in the fridge until they are ready to be eaten.