1-1/2 lbs. whitefish (cod, haddock, tillapia) – 4-6 oz. per person
1 cup raw pecans, finely chopped (alternative: chopped macademia nuts)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup chopped parsley (or 2 Tablespoons dried)
4 Tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup white wine
Cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine finely chopped pecans, minced garlic, chopped parsley, salt, and 2 Tablespoons coconut oil.
- Coat bottom of 9×13 baking dish with remaining 2 Tablespoons coconut oil.
- Place fish fillets into baking dish.
- Carefully spread pecan mixture onto the fish.
- Pour white wine into baking dish – be careful not to wash nut mixture off fish.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, depending on thickness of fish.
- Turn oven to broil, move fish dish higher in oven for the last minute.