This is simple, tasty and nutritious.
2-3 organic Free-range eggs per person
1/2 avocado per person
sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
Optional: green salsa
NOTE: If you are doing regular, vigorous exercise, you should eat three eggs and consider eating a whole avocado or maybe adding a small chicken sausage to this meal. Increasing the protein and (healthy) fat is very important for blood sugar regulation and reducing midmorning cravings (see note below).
- Fill medium (2-3 qt) saucepan 1/2 way with water; bring to boil
- Turn heat down to medium/low and crack eggs into water
- Cook for 2-1/2 minutes; remove eggs from water using a slotted spoon
- Add sliced avocado to plate
- Season both eggs and avocado to taste with sea salt, fresh cracked pepper (or some green salsa for a ‘kick’)
- Serve with Green Smoothie or sliced organic apple
Bonfire Green Smoothie
You will not believe how good this smoothie tastes despite looking like lawnmower juice! Feel free to add or subtract what you have on hand and what you like in terms of taste. Just don’t go overboard on the fruit – this is a green smoothie designed to deliver great nutrient-dense antioxidents and phytonutrients. For a fantastic breakfast, serve with either eggs, some Yambanana Bread, or some bacon (uncured – no nitrites or nitrates) or organic sausage.
1 large handful of spinach
2 kale leaves
1-2 chard leaves
1 orange, peeled
1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
1-2 cups purified water, or combination of water, coconut water, almond milk, hemp seed milk
Frozen berries, frozen pineapple chunks (available at Trader Joe’s)
- Add all ingredients to Vita Mix blender and blend thoroughly (1-2 minutes)
Can be put into glass jars and refrigerated for up to 36 hours
NOTE: Any smoothie can be made into a meal replacement by simply adding the following:
1 organic raw or hardboiled egg*
1-2 tbsp lemon-flavored fish oil
*Use fresh, local and organic eggs (not mass-produced supermarket brands)
Note From Dr. Paul: Although very nutritious, personally, some breakfasts don’t ‘stay’ with me long so I always plan to have a nutritious midmorning snack planned, like raw nuts with an apple, banana, carrots and celery.