Any fish of your choosing can be substituted in this recipe.
1 4-6 oz. wild caught* salmon filet/steak per person
1 small jar of artichoke hearts (in water)
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 medium leek, chopped
3 large cloves garlic, chopped finely
2-3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Zest of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white wine (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet that has a cover.
- Add onion, bell pepper, garlic and leek; cook for 4-6 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except olives and fish; cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour into 9×9 or 9×14 baking dish.
- Add fish and olives. Cover with foil and cook 12-16 minutes, depending on thickness of fish (because fish is being put into a sauce that’s already hot, it will cook more quickly than putting it straight into the oven).
* No farm-raised fish – they’re fed wrong, the water is polluted, and many farm-raised fish now even have coloring – yuck!