There are two options for cooking the scallops themselves: put them in the sauce at the end to cook, or grill them and serve with the sauce. Either way, be careful not to overcook the scallops – they only take a couple of minutes to cook.
3-5 large sea scallops per person, fresh or thawed
3 cloves garlic per person, chopped
2 Roma tomatoes per person, chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, per person
1/2 Tablespoon organic butter, per person (optional)
Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
White wine (optional)
Crushed red pepper (optional)
Fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over low-medium heat; add garlic and cook for 45 seconds.
- Add chopped tomatoes and white wine; simmer for 10 – 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with Italian seasoning, sea salt and fresh ground pepper, and optional red pepper.
- When tomatoes have begun to break down somewhat, add butter, then scallops (if cooking them in the sauce); cook for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- The scallops can be grilled and then served with sauce under them.
- To grill scallops: warm grill up on medium; in a mixing bowl, coat scallops with olive oil; season with chopped garlic, crushed red pepper, sea salt, ?? – you decide.