This is much harder than it looks. The Seated Press is a great core strength exercise. You can also use a wooden pole or even a PVC and you’ll find that it is still quite challenging if you do them in sets of 25.
- Begin by sitting on the ground.
- Extend your legs out completely in front of you.
- Raise Barbell into Press position. It is best to have someone pass the bar to you. If you do not have someone who can help you. Lay the bar parallel to your legs. Gently roll the bar across the quads to get into position.
- Keeping your chest proud, shoulders back and elbows slightly in front press the bar towards the ceiling while keeping your abs tight.
- Extend your head through at the top of the press motion to reach full extension.
- Return to starting position and repeat.