ESSENTIAL ELEMENT: Compounding Wellness
Critical Concept: Cumulative Effect
Good habits add together, and we get healthier. Bad habits add together, and we get sicker. This is true inside of each lifestyle domain and, more importantly, across all three domains. You should approach the following checklist as a lifestyle “To Do List” in the Fuel Domain. Print it out and hang it on your refrigerator. Make copies at work and hand them out. Post this to your Facebook page. The more of these healthy habits you successfully adopt, the greater the chance of you experiencing your health potential and reducing the odds of suffering from chronic disease.
Science is revealing your owner’s manual. You should follow it.
Bonfire Fuel Summary Checklist
At this point in the program you should be….
- Drinking adequate water
- Eating plants first
- Choosing lean cuts of high quality protein
- Consuming high-fiber, whole food carbohydrates
- Increasing your healthy fat intake
- Taking your Bonfire Essential Supplements
- Taking 3 Deep Breaths before you eat to reset your state
- Maintaining a net zero or net negative calorie/energy balance
- Being mindful of “why” you’re eating, not just “what” you’re eating
- Choosing to consume an abundance of Nutrient Dense Foods
- Choosing to avoid Toxic/Deficient Foods
- Practice Intermittent Fasting to rest and rejuvenate your metabolism
1 x 1 x 1 = 1,000
The idea that to be healthy, a person must engage in healthy lifestyle choices in the areas of eating, moving and thinking is not a new idea. Nor is the concept that we must engage is those healthy habits concurrently over time. What most people are NOT aware of is that not only are wellness lifestyle behaviors additive and therefore cumulative, they’re actually multiplicative. What this means is that instead of Fuel + Air + Spark = Health, it’s really:
FUEL x AIR x SPARK = (HEALTH & WELLNESS)3
This cannot be overstated – wellness is a compounding phenomenon which comes as a result of living healthy lifestyle choices at the same time, over time. This is what Drs. Franson, Wong and Kratka, the Bonfire founding doctors, have been teaching their patients for the past combined 54 years of practice, and also why they created the Bonfire Health Program. The results that occur when a person commits to choosing right behaviors in the areas of eating, moving and thinking are nothing short of miraculous.
- Don’t think perfection, think progression. Don’t be intimidated – you don’t have to be perfect to experience wellness. The goal is constant improvement over time.
- Being “good” in one area (eating, moving or thinking) doesn’t make up for deficiencies in other areas. Example: You can’t out-train a crappy diet. Being a triathlete doesn’t mean you can eat donuts without consequences.
FUEL x AIR x SPARK = BONFIRE HEALTH