- Using the deadlift mechanics pick up the dumbbells off the ground and begin from an upright position with your dumbbells at the side of your body and feet under your hips.
- Initiate by sending your hips back and lower your body slowly by bending your knees.
- Keep your low back tight, chest up, and eyes forward.
- Lower the dumbbells with your body keeping your arms relaxed.
- The dumbbells start at the side of your body and then as you descend into the deadlift they should transition to the front of your shins.
- At the bottom of the lift your weight should be in your heels, dumbbells at mid-shin and low back straight.
- Stand up until your body reaches full extension at the top.
Note: If you don’t have dumbbells, you can grab anything in place of them. Try water jugs, cinderblocks or a couple of books.