2 lbs. ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, diced
1/8 cup olive oil
1 28 oz. can chopped tomatoes
2 medium carrots, chopped
2 medium zucchini , chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
1 head broccoli including stem, chopped
8 oz. spinach
4 qts. organic chicken broth (Costco)
Fresh cracked pepper
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Use a large stock pot (at least 12 quart).
- Saute onion and garlic together in the olive oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped vegetables, except spinach, and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add turkey meat and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, bring to gentle simmer.
- Add seasonings and cook for 15-20 minutes on low.
- Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve as is or over brown rice.