This is a delicious recipe. Although it must MARINATE OVERNIGHT, it cooks in the Crockpot while you’re at work! Don’t leave out the prunes – they make it super yummy!
2-6 lbs. chicken thighs (bone-in or boneless, skinless)
1 head of garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup dried oregano
Fresh cracked black pepper
1/2 red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup pitted prunes
1/2 cup pitted Spanish green olives
1/2 cup capers with a bit of juice
6 bay leaves
1/2 cup brown sugar (optional)
1 cup white wine
1/4 cup Italian parsley or cilantro, finely chopped (added when serving)
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients, except parsley (or cilantro).
- Add chicken to bowl and stir/mix to cover.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Transfer all ingredients from large bowl to Crockpot/slow cooker.
- Set on low, cover and cook for 6-8 hours. Can also be baked in 9×12 baking dish for 30 minutes (boneless, skinless) or 45 minutes (bone-in)
- Using a spoon, serve chicken with prunes, olives and some sauce onto plates.
- Sprinkle chopped fresh parsley or cilantro over top.