ESSENTIAL ELEMENT: Compounding Wellness
Critical Concept: Cumulative Effect
Good habits add together, and we get healthier. Bad habits add together, and we get sicker. This is true inside of each lifestyle domain and, more importantly, across all three domains. You should approach the following checklist as a lifestyle “To Do List” in the Fuel Domain. Print it out and hang it on your refrigerator. Make copies at work and hand them out. Post this to your Facebook page. The more of these healthy habits you successfully adopt, the greater the chance of you experiencing your health potential and reducing the odds of suffering from chronic disease.
Science is revealing your owner’s manual. You should follow it.
Bonfire Fuel Summary Checklist
At this point in the program you should be….
- Drinking adequate water
- Eating plants first
- Choosing lean cuts of high quality protein
- Consuming high-fiber, whole food carbohydrates
- Increasing your healthy fat intake
- Taking your Bonfire Essential Supplements
- Taking 3 Deep Breaths before you eat to reset your state
- Maintaining a net zero or net negative calorie/energy balance
- Being mindful of “why” you’re eating, not just “what” you’re eating
- Choosing to consume an abundance of Nutrient Dense Foods
- Choosing to avoid Toxic/Deficient Foods
- Practice Intermittent Fasting to rest and rejuvenate your metabolism