This is a very simple, quick, satisfying and nutritious way of preparing eggs that also adds vital nutrient-rich vegetables to a dish that often doesn’t have “plants”.
Organic eggs: 2-3 per person
Organic butter, olive oil, coconut oil, or grapeseed oil
Fresh spinach, chopped
Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Optional: chopped garlic or onion
Optional: raw cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat a small to medium stailness steel skillet (avoid using non-stick cookware) over medium heat
- Add butter or oil
- Add garlic or onion, if using
- Cook garlic/onion briefly
- Add spinach and then IMMEDIATELY …
- Crack eggs directly into pan
- Using a wooden spoon, stir eggs as they begin to cook, scrambing them in the process
- Season to taste using sea salt and cracked pepper
- Turn heat off. It’s best not to overcook eggs (unless of course your preference is for rubbery eggs)
- Sprinkle a small amount of optional raw cheddar cheese over eggs and stir one last time.
Serve with Green Smoothie or fresh fruit.
Can also be served with salsa or hot sauce