The Air Squat
It’s called the ‘antidote to sitting’.
The squat is the most fundamental movement. Its is essential that you take the time to master this skill. Do it properly, do it often.
- Feet shoulder width apart with toes pointed slightly outwards.
- Initiate squat by sticking your butt back.
- Keep your chest up and maintain a tight low back.
- Squat to or slightly below parallel making sure your knees stay over your toes and most of your body weight is in your heels.
- Drive back upwards out of your heels keeping your knees pressed outwards.
- Return to the top of the squat standing at full extension, thrusting pelvis/hips forward.
- Ready for more? Try the Front Squat with weight, the Overhead Squat with PVC, or the Overhead Squat with weight