Being healthy = being fit = comprehensive
If you want to be truly healthy, you must be fit. If you want to be truly fit, you must be comprehensive in your approach.
If you were getting a regular sufficient intake of most of the required essential nutrients in your diet, but were missing one or several required nutrients, you would not be well. In fact, you would most likely not be alive for long. You should think this way for your movement patterns as well. Any deficiency in the essential elements of the Air Domain will create adaptive physiology and over time, sickness. The manifestation or symptoms may be latent (dormant or hidden) when compared to a nutrition deficiency, but the consequences are just as devastating.
Here is a list of what your objectives for getting healthier by being more fit:
For many people today (maybe you?), their lifestyle is movement-deficient. You must supplement your movement patterns to fulfill your body’s requirements – your body needs to move regularly, to the point of exertion, to be healthy. Adopt the following behaviors and enjoy the body, the energy, the health, and the life that comes with them.
- Add activity every day in every way
- Calculate Energy Balance
- Add Functional Training
- Use variety in your workouts
- Focus on the Intensity of your workouts
- Gradually progress to a higher intensity
- Adopt the Buddy System
- Get your spine checked by a chiropractor
- Do what moves you – have fun
- Employ Goal Setting and Clear Standards
- Increase your flexibility
- Commit to consistency in your exercise